©2013 | 11th Edition |Volumes 1-20 | Hardback
Pub Date: OCT-12
Price: US$ 3495.00
From acoustics to zoology, the bestselling, authoritative encyclopedia that brings the latest in science and technology to students
Celebrating more than 50 years of bringing knowledge to readers at all levels of study, the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 11th Edition provides need-to-know information in the major disciplines of science and technology.
All entries are commissioned from leading authorities in their fields; each is technically reviewed, signed, edited, illustrated, and produced to the highest standards for ease of access and comprehension. The text is accompanied by 13,000 two-color illustrations and 100 full-color plates throughout. A dedicated index volume provides you with easy access to information through subject and author indexes and study and topical guides.
McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 11th Edition is a major revision, with 2,500 new and thoroughly revised entries, and updates on more than 7,000 entries. Coverage spans the hottest fields of science and technology, including
- Cell, developmental, and molecular biology, with articles on stem cell technology, new insights into RNA functions
- Chemistry, including updates on the newest elements and analytical technology
- Climate science and meteorology, with full background on climate change research
- Cloud computing, data warehousing, computer security among many other areas of information technology
- Cosmology, including coverage of dark matter, dark energy, and advances in the study of the age and shape of the universe
- Environmental science, with the latest on environmental conservation, and novel energy sources
- Engineering–civil, chemical, electrical, environmental, mechanical, metallurgical, and other areas extensively updated
- Plant sciences and agriculture
About the Authors
More than 5,000 leading international scientists and engineers, including numerous Nobel Prize laureates, have contributed to this edition of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology. All articles are invited upon recommendation by our distinguished board of consulting editors.
- Genetically Eengineered Plants
- Mental Disorders
- Hypersonic Vehicles
- Cloud Computing
- Magnetic Observatory
- 9780071792738 - McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology Volumes 1-20 11th Edition